QtQml Qt QML¶
Note that while the Qt QML module provides the language and infrastructure for QML applications, the Qt Quick module provides many visual components, model-view support, an animation framework, and much more for building user interfaces.
For those new to QML and Qt Quick, please see QML Applications for an introduction to writing QML applications.
To include the definitions of the module’s classes, use the following directive:
The QML types in Qt QML are available through the
QtQML import. To use the types, add the following import statement to your .qml file:
import QtQml 2.0
To link against the module, add this line to your qmake
QT += qml
The Qt QML module contains the QML framework and important QML types used in applications. The constructs of QML are described in the The QML Reference .
In addition to the QML Basic Types , the module comes with the following QML object types:
The Qt global object provides useful enums and functions for various QML types.
New in Qt 5.1, the model types are moved to a submodule,
QtQml.Models. The Qt QML Models page has more information.
- Important C++ Classes Provided By The Qt QML Module
- Integrating QML and C++
- The Declarative State Machine Framework
Further information for writing QML applications:
- The QML Reference
- QML Applications - essential information for application development with QML and Qt Quick
- Qt Quick - a module which provides a set of QML types and C++ classes for building user interfaces and applications with QML
- Qt QML Release Notes - list of changes and additions in the Qt QML module
- C++ Classes
- QML Types